Signs with public health guidelines will be expected to be followed when in the common areas of the courthouse for social distancing requirements. While masks are not required in the hallways, their use is recommended. Courthouse staff wish to THANK EVERYONE for their patience and willingness to follow healthy practices while we get through this experience together!!
Making an appointment with your desired office is highly recommended!
County Recorder’s Office: 563-568-2364 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only 2 members of the public will be allowed at the front counter at a time.
- Only 2 members of the public will be allowed in the vault at a time by Appointment
- Any public entering the vault must have a mask on & use sanitizer or gloves
- Individuals are encouraged to go on-line to research recorded documents at https://iowalandrecords.org for records 1981 to the present
instead of doing research in the vault
- Masks, gloves & hand sanitizer will be provided if needed.
- Appointments are recommended by calling 563-568-2364
- To ensure social distancing, items may also be placed into the RECORDER’S metal box on 1st floor of the courthouse (Use South door only) or by mailing the item to Recorder’s Office, 110 Allamakee Street, Waukon, IA 52172
Welcome to the Allamakee County Recorder/Registrar Office homepage. It is our goal to provide accurate information for the public regarding real estate, conservation, and vital records.
The office of the County Recorder was established in 1839 to maintain official records of documents affecting title to real estate in order to preserve property rights and protect innocent third parties in real estate transactions. Although this basic duty remains relatively unchanged, many additional functions have been added to the office.
The Office of the Recorder is an elected position with a term of four years.
The Allamakee County Recorder’s Office does not provide legal services or prepare legal documents.
We do accept MasterCard or Visa debit/credit cards.